[pass] Password age report

Emile Cantin emilecantin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 17:43:08 CEST 2016

Hi,

In light of the recent Dropbox leak, I wanted to know how old my password
was, and perhaps if I had any other old passwords that would be due for a
rotation. I don't think I can rely on the last modification date on the
files, as a fresh clone of my repo would have today's date, even if the
file was last modified in my repo in 2012. I looked into how to do this
with Git, but it's pretty ungainly:
http://serverfault.com/questions/401437/how-to-retrieve-the-last-modification-date-of-all-files-in-a-git-repository

Keepass has an "expiration date" field which you can set when generating a
password, and it appears in a different color in the list when expired.

I think password age is a relevant metric for a password manager, but pass
doesn't currently offer any visibility into this.

What do you think?

Emile