[RFC] Extensions

David Logie djl at mksh.org
Mon Dec 19 13:17:27 CET 2016

On Mon 2016-12-19 03:14, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I implemented extensions.
>
> $ echo 'echo I am an extension and here are my arguments: $@; echo and
> here are my variables $(set)' >
> ~/.password-store/.extensions/test.bash
> $ chmod +x ~/.password-store/.extensions/test.bash
> $ pass test hello world
>

> It's currently in master. Comments? Suggestions? Questions?
>
> Jason

This works great! My little TOTP script is much less hacky now.

One thing I'd like to see is autocomplete for extensions - for both
completing extension names and for extension arguments.

I suspect the latter is probably not possible due to completion being
shell-specific. I hope someone can prove me wrong.