[pass] Encrypt filenames in the store

Jason A. Donenfeld jason.donenfeld at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 21:56:29 CET 2016

Ext4 now supports file-level encryption on a per-directory basis. Ecryptfs
also supports this. There are a few FUSE-based userspace filesystems too.

Pass itself probably won't ever support filename encryption, unless you can
think of a clever and secure way of doing this without ruining what makes
pass pass.

There are a few alternative managers that do the one encrypted blob. I
actually originally used a single gpg'd file for all my passwords.