[pass] QR-code command

George Angelopoulos george at usermod.net
Fri Feb 5 23:57:10 CET 2016

On 02/05/2016 11:29 PM, Patrick Burroughs (Celti) wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 20:38:37 +0100
> "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
>
>> I've actually considered adding a -q/--qrcode flag to the show
>> command. Everytime I start to add it, though, I instead just wind up
>> typing "pass show whatever | qrencode -t ansi". Perhaps this is worthy
>> of inclusion in core pass? Or maybe it's best relegated to a bash
>> function for your .bashrc. Not sure. Anyone have strong opinions one
>> way or another?
>
> Speaking as a guy who wrote one of those QR code patches that show up
> on the mailing list every so often, I'm in favour on principle — but
> I'll be honest, I haven't used it since I installed the Android app.
>
> ~Celti

I have a small script [1] which generates a QR code from clipboard
contents, and I call it with a general key binding [2] outside of any
single application.

The way I see it, if you find QR codes useful for pass, you probably
will find the useful for other things as well and it doesn't make sense
to implement them on a single application basis.

[1]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lathan/dotfiles/master/scripts/clipqr.sh

[2] https://github.com/lathan/dotfiles/blob/master/.i3/config#L260