[pass] Info

GOYOT Martin martin at piwany.com
Fri Feb 26 17:38:50 CET 2016

Okay, so two answers:

* For Jp, you can find an interactive tutorial at https://try.github.io if
you want to begin with. Please keep in mind that is is actually a
developper tool and some concepts might not be relevant to your needs.

* For Pablo:

The recommended way to deal with login is to use multiline files as shown
here https://www.passwordstore.org/. Point is that in the next release it
will be easy to say to pass which line to copy when you issue a `pass -c`
or `pass show -c` which means that you put the password on the first line
as it is the default and the username on the second line. Then you can
specify which line to copy to either copy user or password. But for now
this feature is not delivered in the current stable version.

I personally do the same thing as you with one folder pro site and a file
with the username because I find it more convenient until the feature
mentioned earlier is delivered. I don't know if this is good or bad
practice but it has worked nicely for me since quite a long time now.

I may be over-interpreting your question, but it seems like you are talking
about pushing your passwords on a github repository or something like this.
My opinion on this is DON'T. Even if you were able to obfuscate the
information about logins and web sites, an attacker can still by "chance"
find your key (this is improbable). Rule #1 is don't provide an attacker
with your files. So, what you have to do is push your git repository on a
private one for instance. Either on your own server, or on a private github
plan, or any other private provider, or you can also directly push from one
device to another (this demands a little bit more of
configuration/understanding).