[pass] Comments in .gpg-id files

Josh Cartwright joshc at eso.teric.us
Wed Jun 29 17:25:41 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 01:40:50PM +0200, Ivan Pedersen wrote:
> Is it possible to put comments in the .gpg-id files? My thought is to
> add a name to each row, making it easier to identify who owns a
> particular key ID. Right now it???s tricky to manage since I have to
> know the ID???s and who they actually belong to.

Seeing as pass is just reading .gpg-id line-by-line and appending it to
gnupg's --recipient (-r) option, you should be able to use any of the
methods that gpg provides to specify a user ID.

See the gnupg manpage, section "HOW TO SPECIFY A USER ID".  In
particular, if you're corresponding with folks with sane user ID's, you
should be able to use the full OpenPGP user ID, by prepending with a
'='.  That is, something like: =Ivan Pedersen <ivan at alpe.se>.

  Josh