[pass] Feature proposal: secure environment variables

Renato Alves alves.rjc at gmail.com
Thu May 5 00:12:52 CEST 2016

Hi Gabe,

A simple script:

#!/bin/bash
source <(pass $1)
shift
exec "$@"

If called with:

./script.sh env/mytool/dev ./mytool.py takes_arguments

Should produce what you desire.

But as a general note I wouldn't call this "more secure" though. Once
something is added to the environment it will often remain there during
the lifetime of the process. Also true for forked processes if the
environment is not sanitized.

Cheers,
Renato