[pass] list of passwords with its age

Evgenii Sovetkin e.sovetkin at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:45:46 CEST 2016

Hallo everyone,

I want to obtain a sorted list of my passwords together with its age
(number of days since the last change).

With git it seems the following loop will do part of the job:

git ls-tree -r --name-only HEAD | while read filename
do
    echo "$(git log -1 --format="%ad" --date=relative -- $filename) $filename"
done

Unfortunately, if I rename a password (or even rerun git init) then it
would seem that I have changed the passwords, though I have not...

Is there a neater solution one have in mind? Is there a way in git to
show time passed from the *significant* content change, not simply the
latest commit?