[pass] Provide symbol set as command line argument

Kenny Evitt kenny.evitt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 23:45:13 CET 2016

You're right, and you provided me with a nice little (fun) project
yesterday. I asked a question on the statistics Stack Exchange site
<http://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/245610/not-generating-a-valid-password>
about how likely it is for those commands to fail to generate a password of
sufficient length. While writing up the question I also tested it. In the
12,000 times I ran the commands only *one* execution failed to generate a
password of less than 32 characters (really, 130 characters). The one
failure was actually the 'worst' possible failure – the password was empty!
But given a success rate of 11,999 out of 12,000, the commands seem even
more likely to be good enough for a lot of cases.

Regarding the larger discussion, I think options or settings to specify an
external password generator, both as a default and as an argument for
generating a specific password, would be both useful and keeping with the
relative compactness of Pass's features.