[pass] Fwd: Error when naming password GIT

Steven Clarkson sclarkso at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:27:36 CEST 2016

Hi,

This is the first time I've done something like this, so sorry if it's not
helpful or wrong, but I think it would be helpful if there was an error (or
warning) when you tried to save a password with the same name as a
command.  For instance I inserted a password with the name git, then I
couldn't access it without typing the full "pass show git", "pass git"
tried to use the git features of pass.  I'm assuming this would be the case
if you named a password "help" or "init" or "list" as well.

I think something simple like this would work?  Or possible to define an
array of command names that can't be used?

If [[ $path -eq "help" || $path -eq "git" || etc. ]]; then
              echo "Cannot use Git or Help as password names"
              exit

Is the proper process to branch the project then add my changes?

Thanks,

Steven