[pass] Add 'Change Dir' Functionality

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Sun Sep 18 17:54:21 CEST 2016

On 18/09/2016 12:52, Jakob Holderbaum wrote:
> Both tools allow to specify the optional working dir with -C in front of the actual command. For example:
>
> `git -C ~/dev/dotfiles status`
>
> or
>
> `make -C ./build test`
>
> Wouldn't it be great if pass could provide the same interface:
>
> `pass -C ./secrets show production/database_password`

Another option I would like to see is to be able to use multiple git
repos within the tree. This could then be combined with symlinks: e.g.

.password_store/secrets -> /home/me/secrets
.password_store/customer1 -> /home/me/customers/one/password_store

Then you could do:

pass show secrets/production/database_password

as if it were were a single pass tree (but actually commits would take
place within secrets/.git)

Regards,

Brian.