encrypted file and directory names?

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Sun Feb 5 09:26:18 CET 2017

On 05/02/2017 03:53, HacKan Iván wrote:
> I thought the same, but implementing it is a real pain in the ass.
>
> I'm currently working on something I'll send soon, and then I'm gonna
> work on an extension to do just that :)

If this is implemented I'd definitely prefer to see it as an extension,
because I like the way pass works today.  My threat model is different
to yours :-)

I'd say that the main benefit of putting separate passwords in separate
files is that you can have independent changes to the git repository and
they are less likely to cause merge conflicts.

If you added a single encrypted file at the top of the repository,
mapping password name to token, that benefit would be lost. In fact, you
might as well just keep all your passwords in a single file (instead of
name -> token it would contain name -> password)

Regards,

Brian.