Pass for iOS

Bob Sun bob at mssun.me
Sat Feb 25 16:07:45 CET 2017

Hi Jason,

The main difference is David’s pass-ios needs to jailbreak your devices, but mine doesn’t. I guess 1) most people don’t have motivation to jailbreak the phone, and 2) latest updated iOS cannot be jailbreaken, 3) it’s much dangerous to have root privilege and ignore sandbox mechanism.

We also plan to distribute it on the App Store once we have a more stable version. People don’t bother to build themselves can download and use easily.

For functions, I think our goals are same: providing a pass-compatible app for Apple’s model devices.

Best,
Bob