[ANNOUNCE] pass 1.7 Released
Jason A. Donenfeld
Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Feb 26 19:10:48 CET 2017
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
After two years, pass 1.7 has been released. This has been a huge
release cycle, fixing countless bugs and adding all sorts
of nice modernization. Hopefully this is a smooth release, though if
all the churn results in bugs, we'll do another patch release soon.
== Password Store on the Web ==
* Our homepage: https://www.passwordstore.org/
* Man page: https://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/about/
* Git repo: git clone https://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/
* Mailing list: https://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/listinfo/password-store
* IRC channel: #pass on Freenode
== New Features ==
* Extensions: pass can now load user-defined extensions from a system
directory or a user directory. There's already a nice ecosystem of
extensions being built, even at this early stage. See the pass man page for
* Signatures: there is now an option to enforce signatures of the .gpg-id file
and extensions using an environment variable.
* QRCodes: generate and show have now learned the --qrcode/-q switch. Note to
package maintainers: this adds a dependency on the popular qrencode package.
* Password generation: rather than use pwgen, we now use /dev/urandom more
directly, which results in more assured password security, as well as
customizable character sets, via an environment variable. See the pass man
page for more information on this customization. Package maintainers: you
may now drop the dependency on pwgen.
* Importers: there now are several more importers. More and more folks are
moving to pass!
* Selectable clipping: you can now specify which line you wish to copy to the
clipboard or display with a qrcode when using -c or -q.
* Git discovery: The PASSWORD_STORE_GIT environment variable has been removed,
and instead pass will automatically choose the git repository closest to the
file being modified (but not out of the actual password store itself). This
should help people who like to nest git repos for different organizations.
* Bug fixes: too many to count.
== Note To Distros ==
* Drop the dependency of pwgen.
* Add the dependency of qrencode.
* The Makefile now does the right thing with DESTDIR, so you might want to
double check that your package recipe does the right thing.
* The semantics for auto-detection of bash completion has changed, with new
environment variables for such things. See INSTALL for details.
== Downloading v1.7 ==
Git tag signed with GPG key:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Password-Store