“user” extension and bash completion

Olli olli at coderkun.de
Sun Jul 9 13:48:10 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been done already but in order to copy the
username—which is the last part of the path in my setup—I created a
small extension called “user” (any feedback welcome):
https://github.com/coderkun/pass-user

Its usage is pretty simple but in order to make it usable I also added a
bash completion script. It depends on the completion file for pass
itself, currently sourced with the absolute filename which seems a bit
hacky to me.

Has anyone else added bash autocompletion for pass extensions already?
What is the recommended way especially to avoid duplication of pass’
logic?

Thanks and regards,
Olli