Feature Proposal

David A. listmail at cox.net
Fri Jun 2 16:52:35 CEST 2017

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 07:42:26 +0000, Matthieu Fronton <m at tthieu.fr>
wrote:

>> What's the big advantage over
>>
>>  % pass insert --multiline "some/path/to/secret" < secret.data
>>
>But I also believe this is more a workaround than a native feature.

I don't see it as a workaround.  I see it as adhering to age-old UNIX
CLI standards of using pipelines and redirection to pass data between
different specialized tools.  It's what makes pass so scriptable and
extendable.  Jason could have easily forced us into a vi session for
multi-line operations which would have been problematic.