pass git push with a nested repo

Philippe Beaumont philippe.beaumont at nfrance.com
Tue Nov 7 14:51:03 CET 2017

Le 07/11/2017 à 14:23, Celti Burroughs a écrit :
> On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 09:51:03 +0100
> Philippe Beaumont <philippe.beaumont at nfrance.com> wrote:
>
>> Le 07/11/2017 à 01:14, Steve Gilberd a écrit :
>>> I can confirm that 'pass git -C' works just fine here (pass v1.7.1).
>>>

>> Can you give me the command you do to get -C working ?
>>
>> When I try it : it don't work :
>>
>> [snip]
>
> Did you make sure to `pass git init` your root password store, and not
> just the nested git repository?
>
> ~Celti

I didn't made a git init in .password-store : only the subdir was in git.

After the "pass git init" : -C option work.

I do a simple test with "bash -x pass git -C test status" and I obtain :

+ git -C /home/philippe/.password-store -C test status

So it work because git accept to merge two options -C, not because
password-store manage it correctly.

So this bug is a feature :)

Philippe