Set up another PC to access pass's remote git repository

Niels Kobschaetzki niels at kobschaetzki.net
Mon Oct 16 06:31:19 CEST 2017

On 17/10/15 19:46, Ethan Beyak wrote:
>Hi all, I'm a new user to pass. I've set up pass successfully on my laptop,
>synced it with a remote git repository on github.com, and, using the
>password manager app by zeapo for Android, I've got capability to push and
>pull onto my phone. Now I'd like to be able to access the repository from
>another PC without ssh'ing.
>
>What are the necessary steps to do so on my other PC? Do I begin with
>cloning the git repository on the other PC?

Just clone the repo which you can you do via https on github. You need
to import your gpg-keypair from your first computer though and the
second. Export it, transfer it via USB and import it again
See this here for example: https://www.debuntu.org/how-to-importexport-gpg-key-pair/

I am not sure if it also works with gpg2, the options might have changed
a bit

Niels