Password Reminder mails plaintext password

Michael Aquilina michaelaquilina at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 13:21:59 CEST 2017

I would disagree with you. Not everyone uses a password manager
(unfurtunately) If its not obvious that your password is going to be
stored in plain text then its going to be a nasty surprise. Or worse,
you will never actually find out that your password has been stored in
plain text somewhere.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 12:20 PM, Kevin Lyda <kevin at ie.suberic.net> wrote:
> It's... a mailing list. There are bugs going back years for this regarding
> mailman. And apparently it will be "fixed" in version 3. But it really
> doesn't seem like an important thing.
>
> Kevin
>
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 12:04 PM Michael Aquilina
> <michaelaquilina at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 2 is already done of course ;)
>>
>> Regarding 1, I'll pop an email to their Mailing List. I wasnt aware
>> this was the case for all Mailman projects :(
>>
>> > 1. Complain to upstream Mailman people. 2. Use a password manager, such
>> > as pass, so that you never use an important or overlapping password with

Michael Aquilina