possible? less restrictive file permissions

Raulo Olapodrido raulo at olapodrido.xyz
Thu Aug 23 08:04:40 CEST 2018

Hi all,

thank you for your suggestions, but a commonly shared local git
repository is not what I am looking for. I am rather seeking ways to
just use something like

PASSWORD_STORE_DIR=/var/local/password-store pass

and have all users directly work in that directory, git aside.

This currently is not possible, because new files (for example generated
via "pass insert") are getting a file permission mask of 0600, and no
other user than its creator can read its contents.

The restrictive permission mask may be good practice, but seems to be
unnessecary, because the content is already protected by the encryption.
Furthermore, it disables the use of a commonly shared password store.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks and kind regards