Feature Suggestion / discussion: add a command line option for xclip's clipboard selection in addition / instead of $PASSWORD_STORE_X_SELECTION

Doron Behar doron.behar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 23:44:02 CET 2018

That's an interesting point, I wonder what will be the best way to
implement this.

At first, I _was_ thinking of a shell function to wrap the whole thing
up, but than I thought to my self that perhaps this clipboard selection
issue was taken care of purely with the `$PASSWORD_STORE_X_SELECTION`
env variable. IMO, it could have been solved better and more comfortably
with a new command line option.

Plus, perhaps the fact that a certain command line option makes a
difference only on certain platforms isn't that bad.. Why would it
matter for MacOS users to read on a man page that a certain option makes
a difference only on Linux? I think it will best suit to make the option
`-C` ignored or equivalent to `-C` on MacOS machines.