question on security

Greg Minshall minshall at acm.org
Sun Jan 28 05:55:31 CET 2018

hi.  thanks very much to the responsible parties for password-store,
which i'm happily using on lubuntu.

i'm attracted to somehow synchronizing with my iphone.  the solution
(that i've seen) uses git for synchronizing.

this tickles something that's worried me a bit since i started looking
at pass, which is, i *worry* that the security of exposing lots of tiny,
"known-format" (more or less) files, all encrypted with the same key,
may be less secure than exposing one large, known-format, file,
encrypted with that same key.

(this is my intuition speaking to me and, of course, *my* intuition,
especially w.r.t. security, is infallible... :)

does anyone have any opinions/numbers/facts?

cheers, Greg