Feature Request and Volunteering

Victor Miraldo v.cacciarimiraldo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 11:02:41 CEST 2018

Dear pass devs,

First of all, thanks for developing and maintaining this awesome project!
I couldn't live without it!

Now, let's talk business! I always save my passwords as:

$PASSWORD_STORE/xxx/yyy/website.com/username
$PASSWORD_STORE/xxx/yyy/website.com/password

And I would really like to do something like:

pass -c xxx/yyy/website.com/{username,password}

and have pass copy the first argument to the clipboard, wait for some keystroke
and copy the second argument to the clipboard. Naturally, this could
be extended for more than two arguments.

Do you guys think this is a feature worth implementing? This does not seem
very hard to do, and I'd be happy to do it myself. Should I just hack
pass locally
and submit a patch here? How does it work?

Thoughts and suggestions are always welcome!

Cheers,
Victor