Security Vulnerability: Faulty GPG Signature Checking

Tinu Weber takeya at bluewin.ch
Sat Jun 16 09:29:25 CEST 2018

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 20:13:46 -0500, Brad Knowles wrote:
> Speaking as one of the guys who has been a member of the team
> supporting postmaster at python.org since 2003, the problem with Python
> as a programming language today remains the split between Python 2.x
> and 3.x, and how many systems are still in active use with an ancient
> version of the language installed as part of the system.

I don't see an issue there, they are not exclusive: one can have both
python2 and python3 installed, and the interpreter is chosen based on
the shebang anyway (so it's not really any different from having a
"split between python and perl").

Also, python2 will reach its long-overdue official EOL in 2020, so I
don't think it's worth to be considered an option.

Best,
Tinu