pass with docker credential helper

José Gaspar jad.gaspar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:11:06 CET 2018

Hi,

I've just installed docker credential helper for pass from here
https://github.com/docker/docker-credential-helpers/releases/download/v0.6.0/docker-credential-pass-v0.6.0-amd64.tar.gz

Setup docker credential helper for pass as follows:

cat
~/.docker/config.json

{
        "auths": {
                "quay.io": {}
        },
        "HttpHeaders": {
                "User-Agent": "Docker-Client/18.09.0 (linux)"
        },
        "credsStore": "pass"
}

Now whenever I run docker login I can see there's five new commit messages
in my password-store each time, e.g.:

a6f7579 G Jose Gaspar  Add given password for
docker-credential-helpers/cXVheS5pbw==/tuxpower to store.
3d2a7fc G Jose Gaspar  Remove
docker-credential-helpers/docker-pass-initialized-check from store.
3a9ce32 G Jose Gaspar  Add given password for
docker-credential-helpers/docker-pass-initialized-check to store.
dd24f49 G Jose Gaspar  Remove
docker-credential-helpers/docker-pass-initialized-check from store.
5c845a2 G Jose Gaspar  Add given password for
docker-credential-helpers/docker-pass-initialized-check to store.

Btw: I'm using this log format:
git log --pretty="format:%h %G? %aN  %s" -5

Any explanation why there's some many commits for a single docker login?

Also it's a bit annoying as I'm signing all git commits with a passphrase
key, it prompts my password five times!!

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jose Gaspar