German Umlaut problems (Was: Japanese character file name is not available)

Dahlberg, David david.dahlberg at fkie.fraunhofer.de
Thu Oct 11 15:19:53 CEST 2018

Am Donnerstag, den 11.10.2018, 11:21 +0200 schrieb Thomas Walter:

> Either way, with LC_ALL or with --quiet or without any change,
> $current_keys is empty after that line. So even a repeated "pass init"
> with the same list of keys will always re-encrypt all files.
>
> There seems to be difference with how OSX (BSD) sed handles the plus
> sign in regexes.

While updating the OpenBSD port of pass to 1.7.2, I noticed that the
following test failed:

t0300-reencryption:
10 - Reencryption root group to identical individual with no file change

And pass did indeed re-encrypt all files. In the light of the last GnuPG
but it seemed to me a good idea to re-encrypt everything anyways, so I
did not consider this as a bug, but I considered the reminiscent of an
older version.

But after looking into it again, it is a bug indeed and your patch makes
sed stanza work again, indeed. Good catch.

Cheers,
David