PATCH: add -n or -nontree option in find

OSiUX xuiso at osiux.com
Wed Apr 3 17:27:14 CEST 2019

El mar, 02 abr 2019, Tobias Girstmair decía:

> On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 01:09:44AM +0100, higuita wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 11:36:32 -0300, OSiUX <xuiso at osiux.com> wrote:
> > > Adding -n or --notree:
> >
> > 	+1 to this, please merge this for everyone to be able to use it.
>
> +1 to the idea, but I have some proposals for improvement:
> - this would be nice for `pass ls` as well (although it can be emulated
> with `pass find ''`)

Hi. I never use `pass ls`, maybe because I have too many files :P

Work password-store:

	1376 directories
	1538 .gpg files
		27 .gpg-id files

Personal password-store:

	 409 directories
	 367 .gpg files
		 1 .gpg-id files

Looking at the `ls` function, this call `cmd_show` and  can receive several options (qrcode|clip), maybe it's a very generic function.
Now I would prefer not to change the default behavior.
We would have to evaluate well what would be the best option.

> - having an environment variable for this would allow one to have   no-tree
> as the default (can't alias a subcommand, or?)

This is very simple and I add it in a new patch.
Thanks for the idea, already added `export PASS_NOTREE=1` to my ~/.bashrc

I prefer to use the -notree option because it allows me to quickly (messy) filter the results:

	# pass find mysql | grep backup | grep db01 | grep tenant

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions :)

--

::

Osiris Alejandro Gomez (OSiUX) osiux at osiux.com
DC4495D2 0D5DD544  FC1AF00F  B308A671 9237D36C
https://www.osiux.com/ https://www.gcoop.coop/