Feedback- pipeline usage, --field support

Robert Ames ramses0 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 18:30:18 CEST 2019

Please see the attached transcript illustrating why detecting pipeline usage is helpful, and the clarity + utility of "--field / --clip" improvements.

These capabilities are included in the patches I submitted a few weeks ago... I haven't heard anything back about them, but am still interested in getting them included in the next release.

--Robert

rames at red-slash:~/Git/password-store$ pass ls | grep dream
│   ├── dreamhost.com
rames at red-slash:~/Git/password-store$ ./src/password-store.sh ls | grep dream
rames/dreamhost.com

rames at red-slash:~/Git/password-store$ ./src/password-store.sh show rames/dreamhost.com --field=username --clip
Copied rames/dreamhost.com to clipboard. Will clear in 45 seconds.
rames at red-slash:~/Git/password-store$ ./src/password-store.sh show rames/dreamhost.com --clip
Copied rames/dreamhost.com to clipboard. Will clear in 45 seconds.