[Patch] add '-C store-dir' option to switch password store dir

lio at lunesu.com lio at lunesu.com
Thu Jan 31 03:32:23 CET 2019

Correct, but that env var is not obvious until looking at the code and the ‘-C dir’ option is not uncommon for other tools (like git, tar).

More context: at work we're using pass for managing many project secrets which are scoped per project and not in the user profile folder. Switching between folders is a lot easier (and looks less hacky) with `pass -C . …` compared to `env PASSWORD_STORE_DIR=. pass …`.

Having this switching the store_dir as a first-class supported option, knowing to the "prior-art” of other tools and the small size of the diff, it seems like a good idea for inclusion into pass.

Lio.