Unambiguous Passwords

Jens Tröger jens.troeger at light-speed.de
Fri Dec 4 04:59:35 CET 2020

Hello,

I would think not, because those symbols themselves are part of the
generated random sequence and because they’re not ambiguous themselves.

Displaying these symbols in a font whose glyphs are ambiguous is a
different issue and text (e.g. generated passwords) should not adjust
to the shortcomings of fonts.

See also the Jetbrains’ Mono font:

  https://www.jetbrains.com/lp/mono/

and the section on “Distinctiveness of symbols”

Cheers,
Jens

--
Jens Tröger