Can't decrypt my passwords: gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

Csanyi Pal csanyipal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 10:23:57 CET 2020

Hi,

I messed up my GPG secret key and password-store system here.

I do not understand how GPG works.

I removed with Seahorse my old secret key so now pass show command does
not shows any passwords out there.

Eg:
pass show AvilagHalon/Telefonjaim/Telenor

gives this message.
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

How did I get into this trouble?

I am going to change my Desktop Environment from Xfce4 to LXQt.

So when I am logged in at LXQt then I couldn't use passwords with pass,
or QtPass. I do not remember why not.

Probably I removed with Seahorse the old GPG secret key so I can't
decrypt my passwords stored in password-store.

At the same time I created a new key pair with gpg and tried to use with
it the password-store but without success.

What can I do now to get my passwords back?

--
Best, Paul Chany