Windows implementation of passwordstore in pure batch

Kenny Evitt kenny.evitt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 21:08:09 CET 2020

There's an Ubuntu app available on the Windows app store, but yeah it's
using whatever they're calling what was once WSL.

I don't think I ever got it working in Cygwin specifically. The reason why
I targeted Ubuntu/WSL was that it provides a 'real' Bash environment.

One of the reasons why Jason didn't want to merge my changes – IIRC – is
that the 'OS' that Ubuntu/WSL reports itself as being is NOT obviously or
clearly a 'Microsoft Windows Linux' environment. It's basically pretending
like it's 'really Linux', which it is in a lot of respects, but obviously
not in terms of clipboard support. The only way I could (relatively) easily
figure out how to add to the Windows clipboard was via PowerShell.

The "sh scripts laying around" in my repo to which I linked are the Pass
files – my repo is just a 'soft fork' with a few extra commits on top. It
might be a bit behind the actual Pass repo too by now.