user and pass on same record

Sitaram Chamarty sitaramc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 02:19:15 CET 2020

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 07:50:38PM +0000, Nuno Teixeira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For some sites I need to remember username and password.
>
> Should I use too records like:
>
> Business/factory (password)
> Business/factory_id (username)
>
> or
>
> use: pass insert -m Business/factory
> password
> username
> ^D
> This way, xclip copies first line "password".

I don't know about browser extensions, having never used any.
But on Linux at least, I have a small script that takes
advantage of the two different clipboards -- middle-click pastes
in the username, and Ctrl-V pastes in the password.

(The script takes one argument, which is the current URL.  It
can parse the URL to find the key, which arguably helps in the
unlikely event of someone trying to phish me I suppose).