To add an environment variable EDITOR="/bin/nano" int the .extensions/COMMAND.bash

Csanyi Pal csanyipal at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:44:33 CEST 2020

2020. 05. 06. 12:44 keltezéssel, password-store at storiepvtride.it írta:
> Am 05.05.20 um 21:53 schrieb Csanyi Pal:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using PasswordStore v1.7.1 on Xubuntu system. I am using
>> emacsclient as the default editor but pass want not to use that:
>>
>> $ pass edit Some/Password
>>
>> gives this message:
>>
>> Waiting for Emacs...
>> *ERROR*: End of file during parsing
>> Password unchanged.
>
> For what it's worth I can use emacsclient with pass:
>
> $ alias em
>
> alias em='emacsclient -t'
>

> You can try debugging by adding "set -x" at the beginning of pass and
> see if you spot anything weird.

I changed the corresponding lines in .bashrc
export ALTERNATE_EDITOR=""
export EDITOR="emacsclient -t"
export VISUAL="emacsclient -t"

$ set -x
+ set -x

$ pass edit Szamitogepeim/WiFiModemem/HaziWiFi
+ pass edit Szamitogepeim/WiFiModemem/HaziWiFi

and an Emacs buffer opened so I can edit the password.

So now it works. Thanks!

--
Best, Paul Chany