curious: why use own hosting rather than github?

Ondřej Synáček ondrejsynacek at fastmail.com
Fri May 22 07:50:46 CEST 2020

> I think one of the main issues here is that people hate email.

That’s a bold statement. I think it does well what it’s supposed to
do. Security defaults could be better but email can be done securely.

I encountered people saying that email “needs to evolve”. We have
Slack, IRC etc that can do a lot and those can be good alternatives for
certain orgs / use cases.