curious: why use own hosting rather than github?

Ondřej Synáček ondrejsynacek at fastmail.com
Fri May 22 11:17:55 CEST 2020

But still, “meteorite” users would probably have to sign up for
account to post a Gitlab issue. If we’re debating this one, it’s the
friction of signing up for mailing list vs. signing up for Gitlab
account.
I think signing up for mailing list is easier and less frictionless.

Not sure if Gitlab allows for anonymous issue submission. They do have
API though so you could still have a form somewhere that would put it
inside Gitlab.