Can't get bash-completion to work for alias

glenndoyle glenndoyle at protonmail.com
Tue Apr 27 07:02:05 UTC 2021

Hi,

I've been using pass for some years now and it's proven to be an invaluable tool.
I do however have an issue that I can't come to terms with.

I have two password stores now, one that is in the default $HOME/.password-store and a separate store in $HOME/.yet-another-password-store

To approach these I've made an alias for .yet-another-password-store like so:

alias yapass='PASSWORD_STORE_DIR=~/.yet-another-password-store PASSWORD_STORE_GIT=~/.yet-another-password-store pass'

This works insofar that all the individual commands for 'yapass' work, but the bash-completion is totally lost. The bash-completion for 'pass' works flawlessly, it's just this alias that doesn't get the same benefit.

What's missing?

I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 and the bash that come with it, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.