Get the "pass" password manager running on AIX

Johannes Altmanninger aclopte at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 07:25:50 UTC 2021

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 07:12:20AM +0000, Willenbuecher, Sven / Kuehne + Nagel / Ham MI-GI wrote:
> >these should be in their respective patches.
> >Perhaps squashing into a larger commit also works here.
>
> As mentioned before git patches are new to me. Help on how to consolidate the 4 commits that I have made into one single net patch, would be very much appreciated.

Sure; here is a nice tutorial for using Git's oddly named "interactive rebase"
to change history:

https://git-rebase.io/

Also, I think it's more conventional to send patches inline rather than as
attachments; if you're motivated to do that I recommend using "git send-email".
Once you have configured authentication, it's pretty self-explanatory; there's a tutorial at https://git-send-email.io/

Will take a look at the rest later (I didn't even check what the double colon
in getopt does, I guess it would be nice to explain that in the commit message)