alias command

Jan Palus jpalus at fastmail.com
Fri Feb 5 11:36:01 UTC 2021

Hi,

I was wondering how to manage same credentials for different websites
so that password is changed only once for all of them and ideas that I
came up with are:

- keep on nesting domains:
  domain1.com
  |- domain2.com
     |- domain3.com
        |- user

- keep domain pattern as metadata, however that's not something I can
  use since matching would require decrypting every file and I have gpg
  key on my YubiKey with touch required to decrypt. That in turn would
  greatly increase time to get credentials

- an alias command (not implemented) which would create a symbolic link
  domain1.com
  |- user
  domain2.com -> domain1.com
  domain3.com -> domain1.com

Does anyone have better ideas? Would you consider adding alias command?