alias command

Nicolai Dagestad nicolai at dagestad.fr
Fri Feb 5 20:25:56 UTC 2021

> I'm new to pass so didn't check yet myself but is it
> possible/planned/considered for extensions to intercept commands ie to
> provide alternative password storage (other than filesystem)? If yes
> then it would be another argument for dedicated command.

I fell that storing the passwords in something different from a file would go against what pass
tries to be: A simple password manager following the unix philosophy.

But if you really want to use pass while storing the data in something other than a filesystem you
might want to consider using fuse[1] to expose the data in a way pass can handle while storing it
in a way you like.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_in_Userspace