Domain punning

Ken Smith kgsmith at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 19:47:25 UTC 2021

Apologies if this has already been answered in another forum but
searching and a rereading of the man page have not turned up a good
answer. What is the best practice around using the same password for
completely separate domains, eg. companya.com and companyb.com merged
and companyb.com asks us to log in using our companya.com credentials.
I tried making a symlink just linking companyb.com -> companya.com and
committing that to the repo but none of my password management tools
(Android Password Store and passff) could find companyb.com in my
password database despite finding companya.com just fine.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

   Ken S