Pass Generate Hidden

Nathan Lilienthal nathan at nixpulvis.com
Wed Nov 10 16:17:26 UTC 2021

Oh nice, the -c option basically does what I want, thanks for pointing
that out. If I really need to hide the output without copying, I can
always redirect to /dev/null. I mainly just wanted to see some
confirmation without the password.

There is still some value to my request for a flag to suppress the
password printing however, since, call me crazy but I really do like
to perform a second call to pass so that I can decrypt the new
password, thus ensuring it's saved correctly and that I know the
master password for its store. My ideal workflow is this:

pass generate <name>
# No password shown / leaked
pass <name> -c
# Master password prompt
# <name>'s password copied

This way I can choose to print it or not.

Anyway, thanks again.
- N8