=?UTF-8?Q?pass-coffin_-_an_extension_to_hide_password_store_data, _like_p?= ass-tomb

Ayush Agarwal ayush at fastmail.in
Mon Oct 4 17:05:45 UTC 2021

Hey everyone,

I've made another extension for pass, pass-coffin, which hides password store data using GPG.

https://github.com/ayushnix/pass-coffin

Unlike pass-tomb, pass-coffin doesn't depend on a 3k+ line ZSH script^1 and doesn't need root access^2 to work. It simply uses GPG to encrypt the entire password store tree into a single encrypted tar file. I also didn't like the code quality of pass-grave so I thought about making this extension.

Needless to say, pass-coffin is heavily inspired from pass-tomb and pass-grave.

Any comments or critiques on the code are welcome.

1: https://github.com/dyne/Tomb/blob/master/tomb
2: https://github.com/roddhjav/pass-tomb/issues/19#issuecomment-395232044

Regards,
Ayush