Question: Printing and Clipping Password Info

Ayush Agarwal ayush at fastmail.in
Sat Oct 23 15:00:25 UTC 2021

Hi Mitch,

You might be interested in a tool I made called tessen [1]. It was specifically addressed to deal with both copying and auto-typing of data and having the flexibility to choose either of those actions or both of them simultaneously. This only works on Linux and Wayland though.

If you wanna do this inside of a terminal without using any other tool, I've also made pass-tessen [2], which can clip data and can show a preview of the data inside a file (but it doesn't print it).

You're also free to fork my script and come up with your own solution.

[1]: https://github.com/ayushnix/tessen
[2]: https://github.com/ayushnix/pass-tessen

Regards,
Ayush Agarwal