pass extension: pass-tmuxclip

Max Schillinger maxschillinger at web.de
Sun Apr 3 21:03:27 UTC 2022

Hi all,

maybe you know this situation: You work on a Linux system with no X11
installed (or not running) or you access your Linux system via SSH from
Windows (with no X server like VcXsrv running). Then `pass [show] -c
pass-name` just doesn't work.

That's why I made this extension for pass: [pass-tmuxclip][1]

If you use [tmux][2] (as I always do, even when I work locally in dwm),
this extension helps you copying passwords directly into tmux's paste
buffer (that's like tmux's internal clipboard for stuff you copy in copy
mode).

Just use `pass tmuxclip pass-name` to copy a password. And paste it
anywhere in tmux using *Ctrl-b Ctrl-]*. The password will be deleted
from the tmux buffer after 45 seconds.

I hope this is useful for anybody.

Best regards,
Max Schillinger