Disable AEAD for Password Store Only

Gregory Oakes gcoakes at solidoak.dev
Sun Aug 7 19:40:15 UTC 2022

Hello,

I need to disable AEAD for Password Store only. There's a poorly
behaving android implementation of OpenPGP which doesn't properly
understand AEAD from the passwords generated using GPG 2.3.

I understand this isn't really a bug with Password Store, but I couldn't
find anything which would solve this without disabling AEAD globally for
my public key. Does anyone have a solution to this? The warnings on man
gpg regarding --rfc2440 scared me off from adding that to
PASSWORD_STORE_GPG_OPTS (I don't quite understand the implications of
that well enough).

Sorry if this was already discussed somewhere. I didn't see a simple way
to search the archives, and I just subscribed to this mailing list.

Respectfully,
Gregory Oakes