GPG sub-keys

Akiva Levy akiva at sixthirteen.co
Mon Jan 3 19:26:55 UTC 2022

I keep my master secret key offline and issue each of my devices a
unique sub-key. I have tried using these device sub-key IDs when
initialising a new password store (ie. `pass init 0x123... 0x456...`),
but  it seems sub-keys aren't working as I only get `decryption
failed: No secret key` errors. To verify, I have tried using my e-mail
address and temporarily using my offline master key ID with GPG and
that does work. Is there a way to solve this problem for my use-case?

Cheers,

Akiva Levy
https://sixthirteen.co
F05B 121F 6E07 3216 BE35 E425 5524 34F0 F754 BE67