pass grep --color=never

t.fitschen at indiscale.com t.fitschen at indiscale.com
Thu Oct 6 15:36:16 UTC 2022

Hi Knut, hi everyone,

regarding the no-color output:

I, too, think it would be nice to have no-color outout (I would like to
use this for CI pipeline logs).

--color=never as a GREPOPTIONS works as expected. However, pass's
cmd_grep prints the colored file name anyways.

More colored output comes from `tree`. tree's output is colored by the
LS_COLORS variable.

I think it would be nice to implement the https://no-color.org/ standard
for pass which means to locally override LS_COLORS, remove any colored
output generated by pass itself and also append --color=never to the
GREPOPTIONS.

It this is desired I can provide a patch.

Regards
Timm Fitschen

--
Herr/Mr Timm Fitschen
(er/he)

T: +49 551 288 76 48-3
E: t.fitschen at indiscale.com
I: indiscale.com

IndiScale - Wir machen individuelles Datenmanagement skalierbar.

IndiScale GmbH
Lotzestraße 22a
37083 Göttingen

Amtsgericht Göttingen • HRB 205721