Best practice for multiple-client use keys

Zach zach at aoede.xyz
Sat Jan 14 16:23:36 UTC 2023

On 2023-01-14 10:58am, Wolfgang Schildbach wrote:

>I would like to use pass in a situation where a number of PCs/laptops
>all have access to the keystore, as well as one or two mobile devices.
>We can assume the laptops to be a mix of linux and windows. The mobile
>devices are Android. I have a git server running in my home network.

>So my question is, how are others handling this situation, and am I
>overlooking an option? Should I be looking at 1) with a keyserver?

I am using syncthing[1] to synchronize the pass keystore and my PGP
keys. I just sync the `.gnupg` and `.password-store` directories (along
with a plethora of other useful stuff like ssh keys and dotfiles). It's
been chugging along in the background of my workflows for almost a
decade. From what you wrote, it seems this could fit your requirement.

[1] https://syncthing.net/