pass show --clip bug

Kjetil Torgrim Homme kjetil.homme at redpill-linpro.com
Wed Jan 18 19:31:03 UTC 2023

Den 18/01/2023 18:22, skreiv Judd Montgomery:

>> the patch looks good to me, much simpler and safer, and guaranteed to
>> not trigger EPIPE.  you should however move your comments from the patch
>> into a commit message, I don't think we want history like that in the
>> script itself.
 >
> Is there a way to commit?  I read the contributing section from
> https://www.passwordstore.org/. I expected whomever was going to commit
> it to remove the comments and only add the line with the sed.

there is no way to commit/push or make a merge request/pull request, no.

>        Contributing
>
> This is a very active project with a healthy dose of contributors
> <https://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/stats/?period=y&ofs=-1>. The best
> way to contribute to the password store is to join the mailing list
> <http://lists.zx2c4.com/listinfo.cgi/password-store-zx2c4.com> and send
> git formatted patches.

in other words, commit to your local clone, use

   git show --pretty=email COMMITID

and include it in your e-mail.  IIRC Jason prefers the patches to be
posted inline in the message rather than as attachments.

--
Kjetil T. Homme
Redpill Linpro - Changing the game